The census of 2000 found 3,705 people living in Hamilton,
These people composed 1,772 households, with 855 families
actually residing in the city.
Hamilton has a population density of 619.3/km² (1,603.6/mi²).
In Hamilton there were 1,915 housing units at an average
density of 320.1/km² (828.8/mi²).
The population of Hamilton is mostly white, with the
racial makeup of the city as follows:
- 96.22% White
- 0.11% African American
- 0.89% Native American
- 0.78% Asian
- 0.22% from other races
- 1.78% from two or more races
Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.65% of the population.
Of the 1,772 households
- 22.3% had children under the age of 18 living at home.
- Only 36.3% were married couples living together
- 9.5% of households have a female householder with
no husband present
- 51.7% were non-families.
- 47.6% of all households were made up of single individuals
- 24.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of
age or older.
- The average household size was 1.95
- The average family size was 2.81.
Ages in the Hamilton City Population:
- 20.2% under the age of 18
- 6.8% from 18 to 24
- 24.0% from 25 to 44
- 20.6% from 45 to 64
- 28.3% who were 65 years of age or older
- median age was 44 years.
If you are looking for a date, it is best to be a guy!
The census found that for every 100 females in Hamilton
there were 82.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and
over, there were 74.9 males.
Hamilton Income Levels
The median income
- for a household in the city was $22,013
- for a family was $30,665
- for Males $25,795
- for females $22,138 for females.
The per capita income for the city was $14,689.
Number of families below the poverty Line: 14.3%
Number of individuals below poverty line: 17.8%
Number under age 18 below poverty line:
Number over age of 65 below poverty line: 28.4%
Hamilton Geographical Location
Hamilton is located at 46°14'54?N, 114°9'35?W
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city
has a total area of 6.0 km² (2.3 mi²), all land.